PSI International Student Insurance…
PSI was established in 1996 to provide insurance services to visitors and international students.
PSI ever since then has been providing low-cost health insurance to international students that are studying in the USA.
In this article, I will be showing you everything you need to know about PSI international students, including how to enroll, and claim your PSI insurance.
How to Claim Your PSI Health Insurance
Below is the procedure to claim your PSI international student insurance.
1. log in to your PSI account and print your Insurance ID Card.
Your PSI insurance card should always be presented to your Doctor so that your claims can be submitted by them to PSI directly.
2. Visit your Student Health Center or a Preferred Provider.
If you sustained any injuries or you are sick, first visit the Student Health Service.
If you are sick or injured, please visit the Student Health Service first. If not available, you can then proceed to a Preferred Provider Network.
It is important you use a Preferred Provider whenever possible. Below are 2 reasons why that is necessary.
- They have a contract to bill us directly for services so you don’t have to pay out of pocket and then file a claim yourself.
- They have agreed to contracted pricing for covered medical expenses, which means your medical cost and charges are kept as low as possible and never exceed the set price which providers accept as payment.
Who Can Enroll for PSI Health Insurance
To qualify for enrollment into PSI International student insurance, you must be an international student with a valid F1 and J1 visa status, and an associate, bachelor, master or Ph.D. or formal university ESL program.
You must also be currently registered with no less than 6 credit hours.
Please Note: The Company maintains its right to investigate student status and attendance records to verify that the policy eligibility requirements have been met. If and whenever the Company discovers that the policy eligibility has not been met, its only obligation is refund of premium.
How to Buy PSI Health Insurance Plans
Before you buy any PSI health insurance plan, ensure you read the policy Brochure on the PSI website to be sure that the plan you wish to buy fulfill your need and that of your school.
2. Select Your School to Find the Right Plan that meets your university insurance requirements.
3. Fill out our Easy Online Application Form (Other Languages Available: Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Spanish)
4. Make Your Insurance Payment Online with a credit or debit card. You may also pay in cash through any Wells Fargo Bank.
5. Download/Print the following PSI Insurance Documents and submit to your university:
- Insurance Policy Brochure
- Claim Form
- Confirmation Letter
- Sales Receipt
- Waiver/Compliance Form
PSI Payment Options
To make a payment, you may choose among the available options below:
1. By Card: US or International Card
- Visa/Mastercard/Discover Card
- Under Billing address, please use a US address.
2. By ACH Payment:
- If you have a US bank account, simply select “ACH Payment” then fill in your Routing Number and Account Number.
- Your bank information can be found in your bank statement and/or in your Online Banking Account.
3. By Cash payment through Wells Fargo Bank. Fill out a deposit slip with the following info:
Account Number: 2608424731
Amount: Should match the pending balance from their account
How To Check Your PSI Eligibility Status
International students with F-1 visas who are enrolled in a full-time associate, bachelor, master or Ph.D. degree program, or formal ESL program at a university, who are currently registered with no less than 6 credit hours (unless such schools full-time status requires less credited hours), and International Visiting Scholars with J-1 visas are eligible to enroll in this insurance plan.
The six credit hours requirement is waived for Summer if the applicant was enrolled in this plan as a full-time student in the immediately preceding spring term.
Students must actively attend classes for at least the first 31 days after the date for which coverage is purchased. Home study, correspondence, and online courses do not fulfill the eligibility requirements that the student actively attend classes.
The Company maintains its right to investigate Eligibility or student status and attendance records to verify that the policy Eligibility requirements have been met.
A valid Visa also required. If the Company discovers that the policy Eligibility requirements have not been met, its only obligation is to refund premium.
Eligible students who do enroll may also insure their Dependents. Eligible Dependents are the spouse (husband or wife) and children under 26 years of age. Dependent eligibility expires concurrently with that of the Insured student.
Can I Cancel or Change PSI Plan?
PSI does not allow cancellation of coverage. Cancellation and refund are ONLY allowed if the PSI Plan purchased do not meet the school insurance requirements.
A letter from the student’s school with a detailed explanation showing which insurance requirement it does not specifically meet must be received by PSI within 30 days of the coverage purchase date.
Also See: Top 10 Insurance Companies in Nigeria
That’s all on PSI International Student Insurance. I hope this article helps?
If you like this article, please share it with your friends.