RTI International Recruitment – RTI International in collaboration with Plan International and other partners are implementing a 4-year USAID funded Effective Water, Sanitation, and Hygiene (E-WASH) program.
E-WASH will provide technical assistance to and will collaborate with state governments to improve urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance, financial, and technical viability of six (6) state water boards (SWBs) in Nigeria. The overall goal is the improvement of urban water and sanitation service delivery.
The overall objective of E-WASH is to assist the Government of Nigeria in expanding and improving urban water service delivery by strengthening the governance and the financial and technical viability of selected State Water Boards (SWBs) in Nigeria.
The E-WASH activity will concentrate on solidifying State, Municipal, and Utility level governance gains manifested in improved water supply services and an improved ability to regulate, manage and expand sanitation services. RTI International is seeking to recruit a Performance Monitoring Specialist for the USAID E-WASH activity in Abia State.
- Job Type: Full Time
- Qualification: BA/BSc/HND MBA/MSc/MA
- Experience: 3 years
- Location: Abia
- Job Field: NGO/Non-Profit
- Monitor and work closely with the MEL Advisor and other team members to implement the programs MEL plan and systems.
- Support data collection, analysis, and interpretation. Work with utility M&E departments to review and adjust quarterly targets with the Department Managers for four quarters after implementing the Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs).
- Build capacity of program partners and transfer this responsibility gradually to the SWB and CSO M&E departments/personnel.
- Support the development of learning/KM products to highlight key research findings, implementation lessons and best practices identified during E-WASH program implementation;
- Facilitate the implementation of effective program MEL mechanisms on grants reporting, generating Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) reports for State Water Boards (SWBs) and Utilities, including Civil Society Organization (CSO) monitoring to inform onward performance reporting to USAID.
- Work closely with respective E-WASH program and partner staff to ensure timely upload of performance reporting data, full grants monitoring, and document reviews of SWB Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) benchmarking procedures.
- Work closely with the State Team Leader to identify issues in the state program and agree on the redress.
- Lead on activity monitoring, performance improvement, learning and adaptive management in the State.
- Actively participate in specialists’ meetings to ensure adherence to the set indicators and provide technical oversight.
- Collaborate with the Senior MIS Specialist to conduct field-based assessments and evaluations, i.e. Data Quality Assessments (DQA), Collaboration Mapping, Updating Pivot Logs, Rapid Political Economy Analysis (PEA) and other rolling assessments to inform program learning and adaptive management measures.
- Ensure compliance with E-WASH Data Risk Mitigation Strategy and work alongside the MEL Manager and designated STTA/USAID representatives to conduct data quality assessments for performance indicators.
- Conduct routine field visits and spot checks to support surveys (Household and GIS mapping) as well as inform the development of program reports, i.e. Key Performance Indicators (KPI) reports, Grants Monitoring Reports (GMRs), Activity Monitoring Reports (AMRs) etc.
- Identify potential research areas of interest related to the E-WASH program focus and work to develop evidence-based articles and publications.
- Handle additional ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned by the MEL Advisor or required by the E-WASH program.
- A Masters’s or Bachelors’s degree in Social Science or a related field.
- A minimum of a Masters’s degree and one year of experience in measuring and evaluating governance or WASH-related programme or a bachelor’s degree and three years of experience or equivalent combination of education and experience in measuring and evaluating governance or WASH-related programming.
- Experience working on donor-funded projects, especially USAID, would be beneficial.
- Familiarity with full grants reporting protocols (for CSEF grantees) and mobile data collection apps/tools (i.e. Kobo Tool Box, Magpi, CAPI, FS Mobile) for effective performance monitoring of donor-funded projects.
- Strong technical skills in data management, Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E), survey and questionnaire design, household surveys and mapping, and/or conducting a field-based assessment are required.
- Experience with mobile-based data collection tools and grantee reporting is desirable. Skilled proficiency in Excel, Word, and other Microsoft (MS) Office software; data analysis software (such as Excel, SPSS or Stata).
- Experience in knowledge management and communications for outcome reporting, including conducting research-focused studies and assessments as a basis for developing learning/KM products (i.e. fact sheets, newsletters, outcome journals.
- Knowledge of USAID’s Collaboration, Learning and Adaptation (CLA) approach is beneficial;
Required Skills and Abilities
- Possess excellent organizational and analytical skills.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills in English.
- Ability to perform effectively as a part of a diverse team of professionals.
How to Apply for RTI International Recruitment?
If you are qualified and have an interest in working with RTI International, Here are the procedures to follow;
- Submit by email only an Application letter and a CV as ONE SINGLE WORD document to [email protected]
- NOTE: On the subject LINE of your email, you should only put the Email Subject line as indicated above (no other text should be on this subject line).
Applications Deadline: 14th December 2019.
Applicants are encouraged to apply as soon as they see this advert. Only shortlisted candidates will receive an invitation for an interview.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply. as we offer highly competitive remuneration.
IMPORTANT: Any successful candidate will be subjected to a pre-employment background investigation.
RTI Recruitment Free News Alert[wpforms id=”45383″ description=”true”]
If you have any questions on this, feel free to drop them in the comment section below and do well to share this using any of our share buttons – Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Google+.