Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment – Learn more about Nigeria Prison Service 2020 recruitment available positions and requirements. You will also see the real guideline on how to apply and get recruited at once.
For over the years, the Nigeria Prison Service (NPS) has been recruiting yearly so as to lower the rate of unemployment in Nigeria.
The Nigerian Correctional Service, formerly known as Nigerian Prison service is a government agency of Nigeria which operates prisons.
The agency is headquartered in Abuja, and it is under the supervision of the Ministry of the Interior and the Civil Defence Immigration and Correctional Service.
NPS Available Positions & Requirements
CATEGORY A: Superintendent Cadre
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Medical, CONMESS 02.
- Applicants must be holders of M.B.B.S; M.D; M.D.S; or equivalents from recognized universities.
- Superintendent of Prisons (SP) Vetinary CONMESS 02.
- Applicants must be holders of D.V.M from recognized universities.
- Deputy Superintendent of Prisons (DSP) Pharmacy, CONHESS 09.
- Applicants must possess Bachelor’s of Pharmacy degrees from recognized universities.
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons. I (ASP.I) CONPASS 09
- Applicants must be holders of master’s degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Lab. Sciences, Architecture, Engineering, Radiology, etc
- Assistant Superintendent of Prisons II (ASP.II), CONPASS 08
- Applicants must be holders of first degree from recognized Universities in the following areas: Humanities, Social Sciences, Psychology, Estate/Town Planning, Public Health, Food Sciences, Social Works, etc.
CATEGORY B: Inspectorate Cadre
- Senior Inspector of Prisons (SIP), CONPASS 08.
- Applicants must be holders of HND certificates obtained from recognized Polytechnics/Colleges in the following areas: Estate Management, Town Planning, Public Health, Food Sciences, Social Works, etc.
- Inspector of Prisons (IP) Nursing, CONHESS 06.
- Applicants must be Registered Nurses (RN), Registered Midwives (RM) or Registered Nurses/Midwives (RNM) obtained from recognized institutions
- Assistant Inspector of Prisons (AIP) CONPASS 06.
- Applicants must be holders of OND/NCE Obtained from recognized institutions.
CATEGORY C: Assistant Cadre
- Prisons Assistant I (PAI) CONPASS 05
- Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or their equivalents with a minimum of Five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English and Mathematics or Trade Test Grade 1 (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.) NPS
- Prisons Assistant II (PAII) CONPASS 04
- Applicants must possess the GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalent with a minimum of five (5) credits in not more than two (2) sittings, which should include English or Trade Test Grade II. (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.)
- Prison Assistant III (PA.III) CONPASS 03.
- Applicants must be holders of GCE Ordinary Level, SSCE/NECO or its equivalents with a minimum of three (3) credits in not more than Two (2) sittings, which should include at least English or Mathematics or Trade Test Grade III. (Artisans, Motor drivers, Mechanics, Auto Electricians, Plumbers, Carpenters, Masons, etc.).
Nigerian Prison Service General Requirements
Listed below are the general requirements for Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment
Applicants of FRSC recruitment must be:
- Nigerians by birth.
- Applicants must possess the requisite qualification and certificates. Any certificate or qualification not presented and accepted at the recruitment center shall not be accepted after the recruitment.
- Applicants must be fit and present certificates of medical fitness from Government recognized Hospitals.
- Applicants must be of good characters, and must not have been convicted of any criminal offenses.
- Applicants must not be members of any Secret Society, Cults or Drug Addicts, etc.
- Applicants must not be financially embarrassed.
- Applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 30 years
- Applicants heights must not be less than 1.65m for males and 1.60 for females.
- Applicants’ chest measurement must not be less than 0.87 for men.
- Computer literacy will be of added advantage.
WARNING: Please be guided that the Nigeria Prison Service recruitment for 2020 is not yet ongoing. However, keep checking this page to stay updated and also visit the NPS OFFICIAL SITE for updates.
How to Apply for NPS Recruitment
Nigeria Prison Service Recruitment Application is basically done online. So if you want to successfully apply for this opportunity without making a mistake, follow these steps below;
- STEP 1: Log into the website www.prisons.gov.ng
- STEP 2: Fill and submit the application form online via recruit.prisonsportal.com.ng/recruit
- STEP 3: Print out the Referee forms which must be duly completed for submission during screening (Highly advisable)
NOTE: Candidates should have it in mind that multiple applications will lead to automatic disqualification.
APPLICATION FEE: Totally free.
CLOSING DATE: No Specified
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQS)
- How Can I Apply for Nigeria Prisons Service 2020/2021?
- Where can I obtain the 2020 Nigeria Prisons Service form?
- Is the Nigeria Prisons Service 2020 Recruitment Form out?
- When will Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment start?
- I need Nigeria Prisons Service updates, etc.
- Is Nigeria Prisons Service Recruitment for 2020 Real etc.
To practice the NPS recruitment test, CLICK HERE
NPS Recruitment Free News Alert
If you have any questions on this, feel free to drop it at the comment section below and do well to share this using any of our share buttons – Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Google+