MTN Foundation Scholarship 2021/2022 for Nigerian Students – How to Apply Online
MTN Foundation Scholarship – The 2021 edition of the MTN Foundation Scholarship application has begun. Interested candidates are hereby advised to follow the guidelines below for a successful application.
The MTN Foundation Science & Technology Scholarship scheme seeks to attract high performing full-time students studying in public tertiary institutions (universities, polytechnics, and colleges of education) in Nigeria.
The scholarship provides financial assistance to students who might otherwise be unable to pay for their tertiary education and aims to recognize and reward academic excellence.
A maximum of 500 qualified and successful full-time Nigerian students studying science and technology-related courses are awarded the scholarship which covers tuition, book allowance, and stipends.
The scholarship is renewed every year until graduation for existing awardees provided they have maintained a minimum CGPA of 3.5 or its equivalent (second class upper/upper credit) while new applications, when advertised, are welcome from full-time students in their second year of study.
The students must be in their second year at the time of application, ie they must be of the 2019/2020 admission set.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education in Nigeria must be full-time undergraduates in 200 level/2nd years.
- Applicants from public Universities and Colleges of Education must have a minimum Cumulative Grade Point Average (CGPA) score of 3.5 or its equivalent (2:1)
- Applicants from public Polytechnics must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the Ordinary National Diploma (OND) programme and must have secured admission into the Higher National Diploma programme (HND).
- Direct entry-level students must have a minimum Grade Point Average (GPA) of 3.0 (upper credit) from the OND programme and must have secured admission into 200 level/2nd years in a public University.
MTN Scholarship FAQ’s 2021
1. Can Polytechnic OND and HND Students Apply for the MTN Scholarships?
Yes, The Applicant must be in his/her ND2.
2. How many students are Awarded the MTN Scholarship Annually?
500 MTN Scholars are named annually.
3. I sat for WAEC/SSCE Examination Twice can I Still Apply?
Yes, you can.
4. When will the MTN Scholarship Results be Out?
We have taken time to study the MTN Foundation Scholars Award Trends and we can say that 80% of the results released have been in September. Expect August/September 2020 this year as the time.
MTN Foundation Scholarship Field/Area of Study
Only applications from students studying one of the under-listed courses will be considered:
- Agric. Extension and Rural Development
- Agricultural Science
- Animal Breeding and Genetics
- Animal Nutrition
- Animal Production and Health
- Aquaculture and Fisheries Management
- Applied Physics
- Chemical Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Computer and Electronics
- Computer and Information Science
- Computer and Mathematics
- Computer Engineering
- Computer Science
- Electrical Engineering
- Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- Electronics and Computer Technology
- Electronics Engineering
- Engineering Physics
- Industrial Mathematics
- Industrial Physics
- Information Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical and Materials Engineering
- Petroleum and Gas Engineering
- Physics Electronics
- Physics/ Computational Modeling
- Pure/ Applied Physics
- Statistics and Computer Science
- System Engineering
MTN Foundation Scholarship Requirements
After Applicant details are verified, shortlisted candidates will be invited for an assessment test. They will be required to come with 2 recent passport photographs as well as the original and photocopy of the following documents:
- The valid Student ID card
- Any other means of identification (National ID card, International passport or Driver’s license)
- Admission letter from JAMB and institution of study
- Admission letter for the HND programs (For Polytechnic students only)
How to Apply for the MTN Foundation Scholarship
The mode of application is online, Interested and qualified candidates should:
DEADLINE FOR APPLICATION: Applications do begin September of every year and end in October of the next year (September – October).
If you have any questions on this, feel free to drop it at the comment section below and do well to share this using any of our share buttons – Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Google+