Makerere University MCFSP – This page contains everything you need to know about the MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University (MCFSP)
From 2013 to 2023, the Makerere University MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program will provide scholarships to 1,000 academically gifted but economically disadvantaged African youth to study at Makerere University.
Makerere University MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program
Makerere University partnered with The MasterCard Foundation to offer scholarships to 1,000 academically bright but economically disadvantaged youth from Africa to study at Makerere University from 2013 to 2023.
Aims of the programme
The programme is aimed at
- developing the next generation of African Leaders
- promoting the strategic objectives of Makerere University and The MasterCard Foundation in contributing to Africa’s higher education sector and development.
Recruitment has currently closed.
Benefits of the Program
Makerere University’s MasterCard Foundation Scholars Program provides comprehensive student support, which includes:
- Tuition and other fees
- Laptop, books, and other educational materials
- Meals, accommodation, and bedding
- Medical coverage
- Transportation to and from the house
- Mentorship and psychosocial support
- Leadership, Communication, Entrepreneurship, Financial Literacy, Gender and Human Rights Capacity Building Training
Please contact the Planning and Development Department (PDD), Flat 1, Block C, Lincoln Flats, Makerere University, for inquiries about the Program. P O Box 7062 Kampala.
Email: [email protected]
Tel: +256 414 542 470; +256 414 532 699
Eligibility Criteria for Makerere University MCFSP
Applicants must be:
- Academically talented, must value learning and be driven to complete their education.
- Economically disadvantaged and facing significant financial barriers to accessing education.
- Committed to giving back to their communities once studies are completed.
- Return to their home areas and countries and take a leadership role in promoting social and economic improvement.
- Future leaders who are committed to embracing ethical leadership to improve the lives of others.
- Commitment to community service through previous engagements with community outreach activities
- Citizens and residents of all African countries.
- Wanting to study at undergraduate level at Makerere University
- Applying to study in the preferred fields of Agriculture, Veterinary medicine, ICT, Health Sciences, Technology and Engineering, Law and Human rights and Business and Financial Management at Makerere University.
- All prospective Scholars must first be admitted to Makerere University to be considered for the Scholarship.
How to Apply for Makerere University MCFSP
- Applicants should obtain and complete the Scholarship Application Forms at no cost from Makerere University, Senate Building Level 4, Room 402, or download the application forms from The MasterCard Foundations Scholars Program website
- Submit completed Application Forms to the address above.
- If submitting by email as an attachment, ensure the scanned copy of the scholarship application form is legible and send it to: [email protected]
Information gathered showed that the 2022 Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University had been postponed.
Read the excerpt of the official public notice posted in September 2021 by the Program Coordinator below:
The Office of Mastercard Foundation Scholars Program at Makerere University informs the General Public that there will be no recruitment and selection of students for Mastercard Foundation Scholarships to study at Makerere University for the Academic Year 2021/2022.
There are therefore NO Application forms available either on our website or physically for this Academic Year 2021/2022.
We shall inform the public when new opportunities for the Scholarships are available.
Dr Justine Namaalwa
Read more Here.
Please, let us know how helpful this article was to you.
Also, if you have any questions, drop them at the comment section below, and we will be glad to provide meaningful answers.