Nationality And Birth
Jorge Garcia was born to Humberto Garcia, a Chilean-born doctor in Omaha, and Dora Mesa, a Cuban-born professor, Nebraska, on 28th April 1973 in Omaha, Nebraska, the United States of America. His height is 1.83 m tall, and his weight is 180kg.
While growing up in San Juan Capistrano in Orange County, California, he had a passion for wrestling, and he took it up in high school. Due to his expertise, he was nicknamed “Baby-Faced Killer.” He was later chosen as the “Triton of the Year,” which happened to be the highest award given to a graduating senior.
In 1995, He graduated with a major in Communication Studies from the University of California Los Angeles (UCLA) in 1995. He also took classes at the Beverly Hills Playhouse acting school.
Relationship And Marriage
- Raven’s Ridge (1997)- As Monty
- Tomorrow by Midnight (1999)- As Jay
- King of the Open Mics (2000)- As Meatloag
- The Slow and the Cautious (2002)- As Teddy
- Old School (2003)- As Jorge
- Our Time Is Up (2004)- As Gardener
- The Good Humor Man (2005)- As Mt. Rushmore
- Little Athens (2005)- As Pedro
- Deck the Halls (2006)- As Wallace
- Sweetzer (2007)- As Sergio
- Maktub (2011)- As Carlos
- The Ordained (2013)- As Carlos
- Cooties (2014)- As Rick
- The Wedding Ringer (2015)- As Lurch/ Garvey
- The Healer (2015)- As Father Malloy
- The Ridiculous 6 (2015)- As Herm
- Get a Job (2016)- As Fernando
- Food Truck (2014)- As Kyle
- Rock Dog (2016)- As Germue, etc.
The Journey Till Now
Garcia was not confused about his passion, so he was attending auditions for TV roles while he worked at Borders Books and music. In 1997. His acting debut was out. He acted as Hector Lopez in Becker TV series.
This was after he acted in a comic movie he featured titled Curb Your Enthusiasm after the producers spotted him on the comedy series, Curb Your Enthusiasm. He acted the role of Dr. Diego Soto in Alcatraz.
In the first episode of “How I Met Your Mother,” he was found titled Blitzgiving. He assumed the role of Bob Robinson Bobert in Mr. Sunshine 2001. He portrayed the role of Steve Wozniak in iSteve, a parody film produced by Funny or Die.
In season four of Hawaii Five, he appeared in a guest role where he played the character of Jerry Ortega but was later taken in as a regular on the show.
Jorge Garcia Facts
- He had to skip his sister’s wedding on the hinterland because he was in Hawaii filming Lost (2004).
- Jorge has had some popularity as a stand-up comedian in addition to his acting career.
- His massive discography is well-known among his colleagues.
- Nunu, Garcia’s pet dachshund-Chihuahua hybrid, was killed in a car accident on the day he was supposed to fly back to Los Angeles from Hawaii after completing “Lost.”
- Has Cuban and Chilean ancestors.
- He is the first Lost actor to be cast (2004).
- Jorge claims that he was called to tryout for Lost (2004) because someone from the series recalled his appearance in Curb Your Enthusiasm: The Car Pool Lane, according to an interview with Entertainment Weekly (2004).
- Was a member of the wrestling squad in junior high. The Baby Face Assassin was his moniker.
- He used to work at a bookstore. When he participated on the GSN game programme Russian Roulette, he revealed this information.
- In Los Angeles, he participated in the ABC Actors Competition.
- His image is widely used on Weezer’s album cover.
- On September 14, 2010, the film “Hurley” was released. The album is titled after his Lost character (2004).
- He also co-hosted Geronimo Jack’s Beard, a weekly podcast in which he and girlfriend Bethany Leigh Shady talked about the Season 6 screenplay.
Jorge Garcia’s Bio (Awards and Nominations)
Because of Garcia’s expertise in acting, he has earned a lot of awards. Check them out below;
1. Teen Choice Awards
2007- Nominee in the Choice TV: Sidekick category
2006- Nominee in the TV- Choice Sidekick category
2005- Nominee in the Choice TV Breakout Performance- Male and Choice TV Sidekick categories.
2. Screen Actors Guild Awards
2006- Winner of the Outstanding Performance by an Ensemble in a Drama Series award
3. ALMA Awards
2009- Nominee in the Actor in Television- Drama category
2008- Winner of the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Drama Television Series award
2007- Nominated for Outstanding Supporting Actor- Television Series, Miniseries or Television Movie
2006- Winner of the Outstanding Supporting Actor in a Television Series
4. Monte-Carlo TV Festival
2010, 2009, 2007- Golden Nymph nominee in the Outstanding Actor- Drama Series category
4. Gold Derby Awards
2010- Nominee in the Ensemble of the Year category 2008- Winner of Ensemble of the year
2007- Nominee in the Ensemble of the Year category
2006- Nominee in the Ensemble of the Year category
6. Imagen Foundation Awards
2010- Nominee in the Best Actor- Television category
2009- Nominee in the Best Supporting Actor/Television category
2007- Nominee in the Best Supporting Actor- Television category
He was nominated the Best Actor/Television at the Imagen Foundation Awards in 2012 for Alcatraz’s role.
Jorge Garcia’s Bio (Net worth)
Jorge Garcia’s net worth as of October 2020 is over $8 million.
Check out: Richest Nollywood Actors 2020
If this was helpful, please SHARE.