The just concluded JAMB mock examination was a success with little or no malfunctions or problems in the conduct of the examination, and we greatly hope that this will replicate itself in the examination on March 9th. We compiled simple tips that we have observed from the examination so as to ease your performance in the examination. Read the Five Quick Tips To Help You During JAMB UTME:
- There will be 180 questions; 60 for English, 40 for each of the other subjects and the time duration of two hours. You should understand that speed, as well as accuracy matters. If you have been using the free utme past question website as well as the free utme practice software or app, the examination is should be simple enough.
- If you are using the keyboard, here are the most important keys;
N – To move to the next question
P – To go back to the previous question
A – To select option A on a question
B – To select option B on a question
C – To select option C on a question
D – To select option D on a question
S – To submit your exam (Be Careful)
R – To Cancel Submit (and RETURN)
All the above will be stated before you start the exam, so you should read instructions properly before starting.
- Please note that there are things that the Keyboard method does not offer you. In this case, you must use your Mouse (or track-pad). These are;
1. If you need to switch from one subject to another. Like if you want to answer a particular subject before going to another.
2. If you need to use the on-screen calculator at the top right corner of your screen.
The On-screen calculator will be available on the screen for candidates who will be taking subjects that involve calculations.
- Candidates taking subjects that involve calculations are also advised to go along with a pencil and a copy or two of their exam slip incase JAMB fails to provide plain sheet for rough calculations. JAMB is serious about the prohibited items. So ensure you do not go into the hall with such items.
- the exam may commence later than expected as witnessed during the mock. This does not mean you should not go to the exam centre at least 30 minutes before the time stipulated on your Exam Slip. However, be sure to eat before going and go along with some cash in case of eventuality.