Nigeria’s biggest examination is the JAMB UTME. The duration and time limit for the examination is in one day. Your academic goals and aspiration depends on that single twenty-four hours.It is either two things might happen: Fail it and remain at home for another year or Succeed and make your next move academically.
One of the best ways to earn a great Jamb score is consistent and constant reading. Solve Past question in a timely manner. Forget frivolities and focus on academic issues solely.
NEVER INDULGE IN MALPRACTICE OF ANY KIND
JAMB, from inception frowns on examination malpractice of any kind and warns candidates to highly desist from it. They are aware of it existence.
It is a fact that nobody want to fail, even though intellectual capacities are quite different, everyone feels they deserve to score incredibly high.
JAMB is an authentic way to test candidate’s ability. The exam is quite different from WAEC/ NECO because they are based on ‘normed’ grades. This means your grades in those exams depend on general performance. Those exams are also just a test of your rudimentary knowledge of topics.
Now to JAMB.
1. Ensure you study with the JAMB syllabus in order to know what to study.
2. Ensure you study in depth.
3.For subjects based on calculations, JAMB options ‘thrives’ on wrong options i.e If you do not understand the question, you will most likely choose a wrong answer.
4. Get past questions here.Your chances of succeeding would increase astronomically if you use textbook from REPUTABLE author. Not ‘key-point’.
5. Work on your speed and accuracy because its a test of both, there’s no point knowing all the answers but not being able to finish.
6. Attempt simple questions first.
7. With your familiarity with past questions, you will discover the areas where questions usually come from & you can quickly pick on your areas of strength first.
8. Try to sleep early the day before the exam so that you can wake up fresh.
9. Even if you are not able to cover syllabus, don’t panic,
approach the exam center with confidence.
The JAMB syllabus is the same for the past many years. So, all they do is to keep recycling questions every year.
They may decide to ask the question in different formats, but really its the same questions they have been asking in previous years.