The Joint Admission and Matriculation board has released the Jamb Brochure for 2017 Examination. Brochure is available in PDF.
Click on any of the faculties below to initiate download.
List of Universities + Other Degree Awarding Institutions 2017
Click here to download list.
Specific Entry Requirements for Individual universities
Click here to download
COLLEGES OF EDUCATION
Before you proceed:
- Jamb Brochure 2017
- Jamb 2017 Recommended Books
- Jamb 2017 News Updates
- Jamb CBT Practice Software 2017
INNOVATION ENTERPRISE INSTITUTIONS
Click here to download the 2017 Jamb brochure for IEIs.
POLYTECHNICS / MONOTECHNICS
GENERAL ENTRY REQUIREMENTS
In addition to the specific entry requirements into each Institution, faculty or department, the following are the general entry requirements approved for admission into first degree courses for both UTME and Direct Entry candidates.
- Applicants must write the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) and attain an acceptable standard in the Use of English (Compulsory) and three subjects relevant to the proposed course of study as set out in the relevant Chapters of this Brochure.
- Candidate must in addition to attaining an acceptable standard in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination obtain one of the following qualifications.
(a) National Examinations Council (NECO)/ West African Examinations Council (WAEC) Senior School Certificate (SSC) or the School Certificate/General Certificate of Education (SSC/GCE ) or equivalents with credit passes in Five (5) subjects relevant to the course and obtained at not more than two sittings; except where otherwise specified.
(b) Grade II Teacher’s Certificate (TC II) with credit or merit passes in at least Five (5) subjects. PLEASE NOTE THAT TC II IS NOT ACCEPTABLE FOR SOME COURSES IN SOME UNIVERSITIES.
(c) National Technical Certificate (NTC), National Business Certificate (NBC) with credit passes in Five (5) subjects relevant to the course and obtained at not more than two sittings. For the purpose of NTC/NBC, a credit in any General Education subjects, trade related subjects and trade component subjects is equivalent to a credit in a subject.
3. A credit pass in Mathematics is required for all Science based and Social Science courses except where it is stated otherwise.
4. A credit pass in English Language is required for all courses except where it is stated otherwise.
5. Please note that a matriculated student in any University is not eligible to sit for the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) except those who are transferring from foreign Universities.
Entry by Direct Application (DE) (2/3/4/5 – year degree programme).
1. Applicants with one of the following qualifications may be considered for admission by Direct entry:-
(a) A minimum of five (5) subjects passed at not more than two sittings with at least two at the Principal or Advanced level of the G.C.E. and the others, at credit level of the SSC/GCE , NTC/NBC. No subject shall be counted at both
Ordinary and Advanced levels.
(b) Passes in two major subjects in the NCE with S.S.C.E , NTC/NBC credits or equivalents in THREE other subjects (mainly for Education Courses). Education may be accepted as a third A/Level subject for those taking courses in Education.
(c) Two passes at the IJMB examination or Cambridge moderated Schools of Basic Studies terminal examination or International Baccalaurate from recognised institutions with SSCE/GCE , NTC/NBC credits or equivalent in three other subjects (SUBJECT TO UNIVERSITY REQUIREMENTS).