Every days herald so many jamb aspirants blasting the internet with questions that hinges on the sales of the new jamb form. The date of the release of new forms top the list of questions asked. But only small number of aspirants do a comprehensive fact finding before beginning application.
This leads to a huge number of jamb applicants making costly mistakes very early. From picking a wrong course of study, choosing a wrong school, e.t.c. It is important to desist from drastic mistake that can lead your admission hanging on a tentative balance.
In this article, I will quickly discuss the 5 Important things to do as you wait for, or before you apply for Jamb. This will help you avoid mistakes and boost your UTME score.
Avoiding Mistakes In Jamb Application
1. Be Convinced That You Want To Apply For Jamb
Are you writing Jamb based on conviction or you were forced to? be sure that you are convinced before you apply. If you are not convinced, you cannot prepare well for Jamb examination. And if you are not prepared for the exam, you are not qualified for it. Make up your mind that it is either you pass or you pass. The reason why many students fail Jamb is that they never made up their mind completely.
2. Choose Your Course
This is another major thing to do before Jamb application. Action needs passion or it will be sanction. Your motivation gives you drive. Many persons choose a course because it is high paying or because they see their friends study the course. Many choose course in Jamb registration based on parental factor and for prestige. Choose your Jamb study course carefully.
ad: Start Practicing for Jamb 2018 CBT online. Visit the Practice portal
Guide to Choosing Preferred course in Jamb Registration
- Your passion for the course
- Relevance of the course to the economy
- The course should be versatile or vast
- It should be a hot cake course.
3. Choose Your School
You hear names of like Unilag, Uniben, Ui, Uniport, Lasu, Unilorin, Abu Zaria, Auchi Poly, Laspotech and other big Universities/Polytechnics and you want to fill them as your preferred Institution of Study. It is a nice decision. But is it just because of the name? There are other factors to consider…
Guide to Choosing Your Institution of Study
- The course content of the University
- The reputation of the University
- Graduate employment rate
- The general ranking of the institution
- The quality of facilities present in the university.
4. Learn to Avoid Stupid Mistakes in Jamb Registration
Jamb applicants proceed expressly to make certain mistakes that ruins their admission. Some of the mistakes you must avoid are strategically listed below:
- Asking someone to register on your behalf
- Filling the registration form carelessly
- Mistake in date of birth
- Choosing the wrong institution
- Not spelling your name correctly
- Putting a wrong Local Government Origin (LGA)
- Putting the wrong course of study.
5. Prepare Early For Your Jamb Examination
Jamb examination date is still very far, this is the language of procrastinators. You must understand that time is flash. Early preparation is the key.