It is appalling that the statistics of annual applicants to the University Matriculation Examination remained on the increase, crossing to over a million and half, with about 45% increase on yearly basis.
updated on: 12th December 2015
Also Read: 15 things you must Know about 2016 Jamb
This year, 2015, yet another set of over one million Nigerian school-leavers who had already queued up their information on the JAMB 2016 portal are warming up for the UTME exam scheduled to hold on the 5th of April, 2014. The question remained the same, who is going to win, and who is to loose out of the race? Time will tell. Also see jamb brochure and jamb syllabus.
A recent analysis revealed that about 50% of the total number of applicants pass JAMB yearly, but do this same number gain admission into the available spaces in our various institutions? The answer is NO.
Read: Jamb CBT Frequently Asked Questions
In this article, I have decided to enlighten the lucky Jambites on what to do, and of course what to avoid as JAMB 2016 approaches.
1. Read harder and even harder! Get the Jamb Syllabus and Jamb Brochure
2. Discover your problem areas, and give devote more revision time to them.
3. Do not deceive yourself searching for fake answers on the internet, use that time to read.
4. Read with past question papers and see how questions are answered.
5. Test yourself on speed, accuracy and otherwise.
6. Try to locate your exam center, at least 2days to the exam date.
7. If your center is far, make arrangements to be there at least a day before the exam date.
8. Follow instructions, in other words, DO NOT enter the exam hall with any material that may/will implicate you.
9. Start with questions/subjects you know well and be time conscious. Get the JAMB CBT Practice software
10. Before you submit your script, make sure you shade all the remaining questions at random, don’t leave them blank. Who knows? Your very last guesses may be right.