Here are 70 of some of the most Inspirational Mental Health Quotes carefully selected for you.
Stigma; a mark of disgrace which is associated with a particular circumstance, quality, or person is a very deadly thing to leave with.
It can rid its victim of every sense of worth and even making it almost impossible for its victim to realize his/her productivity, potential, and relevance in solving problems in the community.
Are you in a depressed state or do you want to help cheer up a stigmatized colleague, friend, and family member? You are in the right place then.
In this post, you will be provided with seventy great inspirational mental health quotes. What is this mental health in question? Mental health simply the psychological, social, and mental well-being of a person.
From the background information I had provided you with in the first two paragraphs, you will agree with me that stigma is a great threat to both your mental and psychological wellbeing.
Inspirational Mental Health Quotes
The first step to take in the route of breaking out of every form of threat to your psychological and physical wellbeing is to break down the walls of negativity sorrounding_these walls are inevitably built unconsciously when one is going through depressing moments.
The prerequisite for breaking down these walls of negativity is exposing yourself to positive counsels and words and, to make it easy for you, below are seventy inspirational mental health quotes.
Go ahead and feed your mind and that of your loved ones with these reviving mental health quotes.
1. “Don’t believe everything you think.” Anonymous
2. “Those who suffer from mental illness are stronger than you think. We must fight to go to work, care for our families, be there for our friends, and act ‘normal’ while battling unimaginable pain.” Anonymous
3. “Feelings are not facts.” Anonymous
4. “Most of us have far more courage than we ever dreamed we possessed.” Dale Carnegie
5. “Mental illness is nothing to be ashamed of, but stigma and bias shame us all.” Bill Clinto
6. “Not all wounds are visible.” Anonymous
7. “You are stronger than you know. In the depths of despair, you find your true strength within.” Asad Meah
8. “One thing at a time.” Anonymous
9. “Your feelings are valid.” Anonymous
10. “Everything that you are is enough.” Anonymous
11. “Give yourself time to heal.” Anonymous
12. “It’s okay to not be okay, but never give up on yourself.” Asad Meah
13. “Do not just slay your demons; dissect them and find what they’ve been feeding on.” Anonymous
15. “Instead of saying, I’m damaged, I’m broken, say I’m healing, I’m rediscovering myself, I’m starting over.” Anonymous
16. “Only keep the things in your life that bring you mental joy, discard, and let go of the rest.” Asad Meah
17. “Don’t be afraid to put your mental health first.” Anonymous
18. “Focus your mind on all the wonderful things in your life – you truly are blessed.” Asad Meah
19. “You will emerge from this nightmare like the powerful, beautiful, resilient person that you are. It can be hard to remember this when you feel like a shell of the person you once were. But trust me: You are capable of overcoming so much more than you think.” Elite Daily
20. “No matter what perceived issues you may have been born with, you can alter your DNA, it is scientifically proven that you do not have to be who you’ve always been, you can become the best version of yourself.” Asad Meah
21. “You have to quit confusing a madness with a mission.” ― Flannery O’Connor
22. “Hope is a powerful thing. Some say it’s a different breed of magic altogether.” – Stephanie Garber
23. “And every person can benefit from talking to somebody. I’m the most anti-medication person, but some people need medicine, and there was a time where I needed some too.” — Miley Cyrus
24. “My dark days made me strong. Or maybe I already was strong, and they made me prove it.” – Emery Lord
25. “The acknowledgment of having suffered evil is the greatest step forward in mental health.” ― Stefan Molyneux
26. “Self-esteem is as important to our well-being as legs are to a table. It is essential for physical and mental health and for happiness.” – Louise Hart
27.“Your illness is not your identity. Your chemistry is not your character.” — Pastor Rick Warren
28. “To think too much is a disease.” ― Fyodor Dostoyevsky
29. “If we start being honest about our pain, our anger, and our shortcomings instead of pretending they don’t exist, then maybe we’ll leave the world a better place than we found it.” – Russell Wilson
30. “Just because you don’t understand it doesn’t mean it isn’t so.” –Lemony Snicket
31. “One small crack does not mean that you are broken, it means that you were put to the test and you didn’t fall apart.” –Linda Poindexter
32. “Mental health…is not a destination, but a process. It’s about how you drive, not where you’re going.” – Noam Spencer
33. “I didn’t talk to anyone about [postpartum depression]. I was very reluctant.. Four of my friends felt the same way I did, and everyone was too embarrassed to talk about it.” — Adele
34. “Always bear in mind that your own resolution to succeed is more important than any other one thing.” – Abraham Lincoln
35. “It was too heavy a burden to carry and I simply couldn’t do that anymore. I sought and received treatment, I put positive people around me and I got back to doing what I love – writing songs and making music.” – Mariah Carey
36. “Unfortunately, we force people to break the law in order to get any kind of mental health treatment.” – Pete Earley
37. “PTSD is a whole-body tragedy, an integral human event of enormous proportions with massive repercussions.”
― Susan Pease Banitt
38. “Don’t let your struggle become your identity.” – Unknown
39. “Self-esteem is not a luxury; it is a profound spiritual need.”― Nathaniel Branden
40. “..balancing the time you spend with or without people is crucial for mental health.” ― Amy E. Spiegel
41. “Knowing your own darkness is the best method for dealing with the darknesses of other people.” – Carl Jung
42. “I’m actually taking medication that seems to be pretty good. It’s not making me feel too tired or sluggish or anything like that. Finding the proper balance is what is most important,” – Mariah Carey
43. “I’m struggling just to get through the days. I think a lot of people are.” — Justin Bieber
44. “About a third of my cases are suffering from no clinically definable neurosis, but from the senselessness and emptiness of their lives. This can be defined as the general neurosis of our times.” – C.G. Jung
42. “A child’s mental health is just as important as their physical health and deserves the same quality of support.” – Kate Middleton
43. “The bravest thing I ever did was continuing my life when I wanted to die.”― Juliette Lewis
44. “I am not afraid of storms for I am learning how to sail my ship.” — Amy March
45. “There is hope, even when your brain tells you there isn’t.”― John Green
46. “Your illness does not define you. Your strength and courage do.” –Unknown
47. “I keep moving ahead, as always, knowing deep down inside that I am a good person and that I am worthy of a good life.” ― Jonathan Harnisch
48. “Hope, hope, hope. It has to be there. Rob the person of hope, and there won’t be any recovery.” – Dan Fisher
49. “There’s no shame in dealing with these things. There’s no shame in having to fight every day.” —Jared Padalecki
50. “If you are physically sick, you can elicit the interest of a battery of physicians; but if you are mentally sick, you are lucky if the janitor comes around.” – Martin H. Fischer
51. “I let it get to me that day. I wasn’t in a good place. And unfortunately, I was going through a rough time and I let it get to me a little bit too much. That was it,”- Liam Payne
52. “Living with anxiety, turning up, and doing stuff with anxiety takes a strength most people will never know.”― Matt Haig
Also crack your ribs with these top ten funny but true quotes
53. “It can be a good thing, too, to learn to sit in your own weirdness.”― Sarah Wilson
54. “When anxiety is in balance, it helps us to think ahead to the future, makes plans, and get organized.”― Jessica Moore
55. “Mental health is an important topic and should be discussed more frequently. It’s not “attention-seeking.”― Brien Blatt
56. “Mental health sufferers are not crazy. They have special insight. You better recognize that setting aside your interest people to stay asleep and show empathy towards God’s imperfect creations, otherwise the world has no meaning to exist.”― Maria Karvouni
58. “Depression… is what your suffering actually yours?”― Susanna Mittermaier
59. “There is a point where courage becomes a symptom of mental illness.”― Wayne Gerard Trotman
60. “Through the vehicle of our emotions, our mind, body, and spirit are sending signals that something has to shift.”― Randy Taran
61. “It’s okay to not be okay – it means that your mind is trying to heal itself.”― Abhijit Naskar
62. “True suffering is being trapped in your own head.”― Adam Snowflake
63. “Those who suffer from depression would know that all the things that might seem nonsensical are eventually real.”―Dwimirnani
64. “The only people who have room to worry about the future are those who aren’t fighting just to survive the present.”― Kerry Kletter
65. “I sometimes feel like my head is a computer with too many windows open.”― Matt Haig
67. “Let go of things that don’t matter.” Asad Meah
68. “No matter how hard the past, you can always begin again.” Buddha
69. “Stay strong, your story isn’t over yet.” Anonymous
70. “Always concentrate on how far you’ve come.” Anonymous
You would do yourself a great deal of help by taking care of your mental health. It is also good you get a professional support.I hope you have been inspired to always maintain positive mental health both for success and happiness.
Did you you find these inspirational mental health quotes helpful? If yes, help someone out ther by sharing it on facebook, whatsapp, twitter, instagram.