2021 List of Ilese School of Health Courses and Admission Requirements.
Ilese School of Health Courses – Check out the Ogun State College of Health Technology list of available courses and it admission requirement for each course here…
Popularly known as Ilese School of Health, the Ogun State College of Health Technology is the first post-secondary educational institution in the State, and in April 2006 it became full Polytechnic. However, the school was established to train middle—level workforce for the delivery of primary health care.
Today, I didn’t mean to brief you about how the school started, so I will like to move straight to our topic for today which is “The list of courses offered at the school.”
RELATED: Polytechnics In Nigeria 2020
Yeah, the programmes/courses offered at the Ilese School of Health are regulated by both the National Board for Technical Education (NBTE) and various professional health Boards/Councils which makes their training unique and holistic.
History has it that the school had been graduating top quality middle and senior-level manpower for the delivery of health care service in Ogun State precise and Nigeria at large.
The Ilese School of Health offers programmes/courses at Certificates, Diplomas, National Diplomas (NDs) and Higher National Diplomas (HNDs) levels with the aim of promoting primary health and other health-related areas.
List of Ilese School of Health Courses and Duration
Listed below are the number of courses that is available at the Ogun State College of Health Technology.
- Community Health 3 Years
- Community Ophthalmic Technician 3 Year
- Computer Science 2 Years
- Dental Surgery Techniques 3 Years
- Dental Technology 2 Years
- Dental Therapy 2 Years
- Environmental Health Technician 3 Years
- Environmental Health Technology 2 Years
- Health Assistant Programme 2 Years
- Health Information Management (Him) (Technician Programme) 3 Years
- Health Information Management (Him) 2 Years
- Health Information Management 2 Years
- Health Promotion and Education 2 Years
- Health Technician Programme 3 Years
- Junior Community Health 2 Year
- Medical Imaging Processing Technician 3 Years
- Medical Laboratory Science 3 Years
- Medical Social Work 2 Years
- Nutrition & Dietetics 2 Years
- Paramedic Technology 3 Year
- Pharmacy Technician 3 Years
- Psychosocial Rehabilitation 2 Years
- Public Health Nursing 2 Year
- Water and Sanitation Technology 2 Years
General Requirement for Ilese School of Health Admission
- Minimum of five (5) credits O/level passes, in English Language, Mathematics, Chemistry, Physic and Biology obtain in WAEC/NECO or NABTEB in not more than two (2) sittings. However, all applicants for National Diploma (ND) programme should also endeavour to obtain JAMB form.
- Applicants with awaiting results can also apply. Such applicants should indicate AR in the column for O/Level Results on the Application Form. Nonetheless, the O/Level Results being awaited must be ready before admission exercise as no student would be considered for admission without O/Level Results.
- Higher National Diploma (HND) programmes applicants are required to have their National Diploma (ND) not lower than Lower Credit in the relevant course/programme in addition to the Good O/Level requirements stated in (1) above.
What’s your view on this article? Was it helpful or not? whatever your answer is, we would love you to share it with us at the comment section below and please share