One thing that troubles a lot of Facebook users is that they have too many messages that they wish not to delete.
If you would like to learn how to free your Facebook inbox, at the same time retaining the messages, then this article is just for you.
In this article, you will learn how to archive a Facebook message, how to unarchive archived messages and how to recover deleted Facebook messages. Let’s get started.
Finding and Recovering Deleted Chats Through Unarchived Messages.
Follow the steps in this guide to retrieve all your deleted messages from FB Messenger.
Launch the Messenger Application on your mobile device. And sign into your messenger account.
Next, navigate to the Facebook Messenger search bar and find the chat conversation(s) you think you had removed.
When you find the Messenger chat, send a new message to the recipient whom you have deleted their messages.
This action will unarchive the entire chat conversations you had with the user on Messenger.
On laptop or desktop PC
- Click to Launch FB Messenger
- Go to FB Messages Tab and Click on the ‘gear’ icon
- Click on the “Archived Threads.”
All your archived messages will be visibly shown there.
Restoring a Deleted Facebook Message On Android Mobile Device Using Desktop or Laptop PC.
FB Messenger saves a copy of all Facebook Messages on your device storage. Hence, try finding your deleted Facebook messages on your Android phone’s file explorer:
STEP 1- Connect your phone into your system via USB cable and locate your device.
STEP 2- Head towards ‘SD Card or Internal Storage’ > click on ‘Android’ > ‘Data’ > find “com.facebook.orca”.
STEP 4- Start recovering deleted messages on Facebook Messenger from your computer.
How to Archive Facebook Messages
In this section, you will learn how to archive your Facebook messages. Archiving your Facebook messages will help you free up your messenger inbox, but won’t actually delete the messages.
To archive messenger conversation, Follow the process below to do this.
1. Navigate to the specific conversation and then press and hold it. On the options that appear, click on the “Archive Conversation” button.
The Messenger conversation will no longer appear in your Inbox, but you can always find it in the Archive.
Another way to do this is to navigate to “Messages.” Select the conversation you wish to archive, and click the “X” button next to the conversion to archive Facebook messages.
Where Can I Find Archived Messages On Messenger?
Archiving your Facebook messages is useless if you cannot unarchive them. In this section, you will learn how to find and unarchived the messages you archived.
To do this, simply follow the process below.
- Navigate to ‘Messages.’
- Click on the “More” button and then on the Archived button you see above all the conversations.
- Enter the Archive.
- Select the conversation you want to read. You can either read the message in the archive or restore it to your inbox.
- Unfriended on Facebook? How to See Who Unfriended You on Facebook
- How to Wish Myself Happy Birthday on Facebook
How to Recover the Facebook Messages that You Have Archived
How do you unarchive Facebook messages? Just follow our instructions to unarchive Facebook archived messages:
- Go to “Messages.” Click “More” and the “Archived” button.
- Enter the Archive and select the conversation you need to recover.
- Click the small arrow button – Unarchive on the conversation or go to “Actions” and click the “Unarchive” button.
- Your conversation will be restored, and you can find it now in your Inbox.
How to Delete Single Chat Messages or Conversations on Facebook
If you do not wish to archive a Facebook message, maybe you just desired to delete it, this section will guide you on doing that. Just follow the steps below.
- Navigate to Messages. Select the conversation you want to delete.
- Navigate to the “Actions” button at the top right corner of the FB conversation window.
- Select “Delete Conversation” and confirm by clicking the “Delete Conversation” button.
- There is also the option to “Delete Messages,” but it will delete only selected lines from the conversation.
How to Recover Deleted Data on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch
If you accidentally deleted FB messages, videos, contacts, photos documents, app, etc., and you wish to restore them, one amazing software for you is iSkysoft Toolbox – iOS Data Recovery.
Why Choose This Software to Recover Messages on iPhone/iPad/iPod touch:
- Complete iOS compatibility – This is one of the reasons why this tool is so versatile; you can use it on any iOS (including iOS 11) device.
- Three recovery modes – You can get your lost data from iTunes, iCloud, or your iPhone device whenever you need to.
- Recover file types – iSkysoft Toolbox – iOS Data Recovery can recover up to 20 different file types from your backup files or iPhone.
- Easy of use – The design of the tool allows even the most tech-phobic user to navigate through it quickly.
- Preview your files – You can preview your backup files before you sent them back to your device.
Step-by-Step How to Recover Lost Messages on iOS Devices
1. Launch the Software or App
First, please sure you have downloaded and installed iSkysoft Toolbox for iOS on your computer.
If you have downloaded it, open it and connect your iPhone (iPhone X and iPhone 8 Plus supported) to your computer.
You can see the main window like this. Choose the “Data Recovery” menu.
2. Choose “Recover from iOS Device” Mode
By default, you’ll be directed to the “Recover from iOS Device” window. Check the type of files you wish to recover. Then click on “Start Scan.” It will start scanning and show you the results later.
3. Preview and Recover iOS Data
Once your scan process is completed, you can check the results and view the details by clicking them before you decide to recover to the iPhone.
Thats all on How to Unarchive the Archived Messages on Facebook. I hope this article helps?