If you have been searching for the right way to change your Airpod name and customize your device settings, then this article is just for you.
When you buy an Airpod and pair it with your iPhone or iPad, it usually comes with a default name. Some people are fine with this, while others would prefer to change the name to a preferred name.
Simply said, each new Apple AirPod has a generic name.
Apple cares about your listening pleasure – that you enjoy your AirPod. Hence, they kept the settings simple and straightforward.
We understand that you may want to give the AirPod to someone and want it to have their name on it, or you may simply want it to have your name on it.
Whatever the case may be, there is a way to change the name of your AirPod.
Hence, In this article, I’ll show you how to rename an AirPod.
How to Change AirPod Name on iPhone and iPad
- Put on your AirPods and make sure they’re paired with your iPhone.
- On your iOS device, launch the Settings app, scroll down until you are able to find the Bluetooth app.
- Tap Bluetooth. When you tab on the Bluetooth, you will be taken inside the Bluetooth menu, where you will find every Bluetooth device connected to your iPhone.
- In the connected Bluetooth list, search Tap the “Actions Available button, next to your AirPods in the My Devices list
- At the next screen, tap Name and then input a new name for your AirPods using the onscreen virtual keyboard. To quickly erase the word and enter yours, simply tap on ‘X’ on the far right of the entry field.
- Now click “Done” at the bottom.
For more information visit, the Apple support page here.
How to Change the Name of AirPods on Mac
Aside from iPhones and iPads, AirPod users on MacBooks can also change their device names.
If you wish to change your AirPod name on your MacBook, follow the steps below:
- Turn on your MacBook and launch System Preferences.
- Now on the list of preferences, you want to scroll down to where you have Bluetooth and click on the Bluetooth pane.
- With your AirPods connected to your Mac, right-click them in the Devices list and then select Rename in the pop-up menu.
- Type in a new name for your AirPods.
- Click the Rename button to confirm
- How to Watch DSTV on Android Phone
- How to Find Someone’s Location on Your iPhone
- Security Facebook Settings
Here you go. That’s all on how to change AirPod name. If you followed the procedure outline in this article carefully, you would have successfully customized your AirPod name.
How to set up AirPods with iPhone
Configure AirPods to listen to music, movies, text messages, and other media. AirPods can also be used to make and receive phone calls as well as FaceTime calls with your iPhone.
Note: You may need to charge your AirPods before setting it up with your iPhone.
Pair AirPods with your iPhone, with the procedure below:
- On iPhone, go to Settings
- Locate Bluetooth and turn on the Bluetooth.
- Go to the Home Screen on your iPhone.
- Do one of the following:
- For AirPods Max: Press the noise control button on the right headphone, then hold AirPods Max next to your iPhone.
- For AirPods Pro or AirPods (1st and 2nd generation): Open the case with your AirPods inside, then hold it next to your iPhone.
- Follow the onscreen instructions, then tap Done.
Earbud vs Airpod
The EarPods are typically wired headphones with a 3.5-millimeter headphone connector, but the AirPods are wireless. AirPods, on the other hand, is a completely wireless item that does not require a wire to connect with our devices, such as our phones or computers. Instead, they use Bluetooth to connect.
Now you can successfully connect and set up your AirPod on your devices to your iPhone. You will sure be able to customize your Airpod and give it your identity.
EarPods are wired headphones with a remote and microphone module on the wire that controls volume, music playback and pause, and phone call pickup, among other things while AirPods are Apple’s wireless earphones that come with a charging case that doubles as a portable charger and provides 24 hours of music.
To connect to a device to earpods, you’ll need a 3.5-millimeter headphone jack or a lightning jack. To connect an earpod to a device, it must have Bluetooth capability.
In comparison to AirPods, EarPods are less expensive. AirPods are more expensive than EarPods.
Earbuds do not require charging. AirPods, on the other hand, need to be charged. It lasts up to 5 to 6 hours
Tips for caring for Airpods
- It’s important to look after your AirPods while you’re using them. Simple precautions, such as avoiding extreme temperatures and keeping your AirPod clean, can extend the life of your AirPod. Keep in mind that AirPods aren’t always as strong and long-lasting as you might imagine. The way you use them will determine how long they last.
- To prevent the delicate electronics inside the AirPods from being harmed, keep them away from moisture and chemicals.
- Consider using foam tips to ensure that the devices fit securely and pleasantly in your ears with minimal squeezing or pressing. Check your AirPods for debris and damage on a regular basis, and wipe them down after a long period of use.
- You may already be aware that moisture and cleaning solutions do not mix well with electronics of any kind. Use a gentle cloth, warm water, and a small amount of soap to clean your AirPods. Alternatively, you can use one of the cleaning wipes included with your APSkins wraps. Your AirPods will be spotless after this.
- Exercise caution when it comes to the amount of water and soap you use. If you haven’t thrown away the instructions that came with your kit, be sure to check them out.
- If your ears are susceptible to earwax buildup, clean them! Earwax will block the speaker openings of your AirPods when it builds up within your ears. This has the effect of lowering sound quality and raising the chances of ear infections. Clean your ears on a regular basis to avoid harm to your ears or AirPods.
- AirPod wraps should be used to keep your AirPods clean and dry. Keep your devices away from extreme temperatures, which could range from hot to cold. Anything in the middle is suitable for any type of electronic device.
- When not in use, store your AirPods in their charging case. It has a space where you may secure each piece. This shields the AirPod microphone control buttons and speakers from harm.
- Accidental drops can cause serious damage. Make it a practice to store your AirPods after each use so that they are fully charged and you are less likely to misplace any.
Please, share this article with others. Thank you.
Additional Reading: 2021 List of Banned Instagram Hashtags