Fully funded Google Scholarship for International Students 2022/2023 Application Guide. Generation Google Scholarship…
About the Generation Google Scholarship
The Generation Google Scholarship is open to aspiring students pursuing computer science degrees. If you desire to excel in technology and become leaders in the field, then this opportunity is for you.
Selected students will receive (for the 2022/2023 academic year):
- $10,000 (for those studying in the US) or
- $5,000 (for those studying in Canada)
The strength of each candidate’s commitment to the following will determine the award of the Generation Google Scholarship:
- equity, and inclusion
- demonstrated leadership, and
- academic performance.
The program is open to students who meet all the minimum qualifications.
We strongly encourage students that identify with groups historically excluded from the technology industry, including Women, Black/African American, Hispanic/Latinx, American Indian, and Native Hawaiian/Pacific Islander, to apply.
It will interest you to know that applicants are not required to currently be enrolled in an associate, bachelor, master’s, or PhD program for the 2021-2022 academic year to apply.
Recipients of one of the following Google Scholarships are not eligible to reapply:
- Generation Google Scholarship
- Generation Google Scholarship: for women in gaming
- Generation Google Scholarship: for supply chain and fulfilment
- Google Lime Scholarship
- Google Student Veterans of America Scholarship
- Women Techmakers Scholarship for Computer Science, and
- Women Techmakers Scholarship for Gaming.
If you are a recipient of any of the above scholarships, do not apply.
Who Can Apply?
To be eligible to apply, applicants must:
- Intend to be enrolled in or accepted as a full-time student in a bachelor’s, master’s, or PhD program at an accredited university or college in the United States or Canada for the 2022-2023 academic year.
- Be studying computer science, computer engineering, or a closely related technical field.
- Demonstrate a strong academic record.
- Demonstrate financial need.
- Exemplify leadership and demonstrate a passion for improving the representation of underrepresented groups in computer science and technology
Read More>>> Unicaf Africa Month Scholarships Application
Complete an online application which includes the following:
- General background information (e.g. contact information and details about your current and intended universities)
- Family and household information
- Academic transcripts from your current (if you are currently enrolled) and prior institutions (if you have earned a prior degree)
- Responses to three short answer essay questions
Note: Recipients will be selected based on the overall strength of their essays and application materials compared to the entire applicant pool or respective academic peers (e.g. high school students compared to other high school students).
How to Apply
Begin your application process for the Generation Google Scholarship by clicking on the Application link below.
The essay questions are intended to assess your demonstrated leadership, commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion, and financial need.
You are expected to give short and precise answers – not more than 500 words.
Q1: Please give us one example of how you have exhibited leadership.
Explain the following explicitly:
- what you were trying to achieve
- your role
- how you influenced others, and
- the impact as a result of your actions.
Think broadly and examine the many ways you affect the members of the different communities you are a part of.
Remember that the example you choose does not need to be a formal or traditional leadership role.
Q2: What is a significant challenge that impacts historically excluded groups in the field of technology, and what do you believe is the root cause of this challenge? What actions have you taken to address this challenge?
- Remember that impact can happen in many ways and at different scales.
- Please focus at least half of your response on the actions you have taken.
Q3: Describe any financial circumstances affecting your need for a scholarship.
In your answer, be sure to describe any obstacles you have overcome to get to where you are today.
Explain what goals this scholarship will enable you to accomplish.
Essential Documents to Upload
Make sure you have the PDF copy of the following documents to upload:
- Your resume (Please include leadership positions, extracurricular activities, and diversity, equity, and inclusion efforts on your resume)
- Your current or most recent transcript (unofficial is acceptable)
- Your three short-answer responses.
All the above-listed documents must be in PDF file format.
Terms and Conditions for the Generation Google Scholarship
The following are the terms and conditions you must fulfil:
- The Generation Google Scholarship must be used to cover tuition, fees, books, supplies, and equipment for the student’s classes at their primary university.
- Scholarship recipients must be full-time students for the academic year 2022-2023.
- Before the winners are chosen, their enrollment will be verified, and all scholarship payments will be made directly to the student for tuition and education-related expenses.
- Students under the age of 18 at the time of acceptance must have a parent or guardian sign the scholarship award terms and conditions.
- Google will withhold the award for any scholar who no longer meets the eligibility requirements and revoke the award for any scholar who does not maintain the eligibility requirements.
- Selected recipients will receive instructions from Google on how to receive the award. Failure to complete these steps by the specified deadline will disqualify recipients from receiving the award.
- Recipients may defer their award for up to one (1) year from the time of originally planned payment on a case-by-case basis as determined by Google.
- Google employees are not eligible to apply for Google scholarships.
- The following persons may not apply for this scholarship:
- Residents of embargoed countries
- Ordinarily, residents in embargoed countries
- Those prohibited by applicable export controls and sanctions programs.
Take advantage of this information and apply for the Generation Google Scholarship – a fully funded Google Scholarship for International Students.
Return to this page to find out when the online application portal will be open.
If you have any questions, please get in touch with us using the comment section below.