FUTA Courses 2022 – Knowing the List of FUTA Courses and Requirements as an aspirant will help you exceedingly well and give you an upper hand in the admission process. It will also simplify the admission process and save you from further headaches.
We have certainly been receiving a series of emails from our users asking us to relate with them the kind of courses offered at this prestigious institution. That’s why we’ve compiled this article.
Below is the compiled list of currently available courses offered at the Federal University of Technology, Akure (FUTA); however, to make it quite understandable, we’ve decided to group all the courses according to their respective faculties.
NOTE: Choosing a courses is not a childs play, so ensure that you understand what the course you are to choose is all about by simply knowing the career prospect in the course, O’Level requirement and the Jamb subject of the course.
Nevertheless, It is also important to know the competitiveness of the course by checking the total number of candidates that applied for the course in the previous year.
Facts about FUTA
- FUTA stands for the Federal University of Technology, Akure.
- The university was established in 1981.
- The university is situated in Ondo state, specifically in its capital, Akure.
- It has nine schools or faculties.
- The university emerged as the 10th best in Nigeria in the latest NUC ranking.
- The Vice-chancellor is Professor Joseph Fawupe.
- The university’s colour is purple.
- It has a total of over twelve thousand students undergoing undergraduate studies.
- The university website is https://www.futa.edu.ng/
List of FUTA Available Faculties/Courses
Faculty of Science
- Department of Chemistry
- Department of Physics
- Department of Computer Sciences
- Department of Statistics
- Department of Microbiology
- Department of Biochemistry
- Department of Mathematical Studies, which comprises industrial mathematics
School Of Management Technology
- Project management technology
- Transport management technology
- Library management technology
- Entrepreneurship management technology
School of Agriculture and Agricultural Technology
- Agricultural extension and communication technology
- Fisheries and Aquaculture Technology
- Food science and technology
- Soil and Pest Management
- Forestry and Wildlife
- Ecotourism and Wildlife management
- Forestry and Wood Technology
- Animal production and health crop
Soil and pest management
School of Earth and Mineral Sciences
- Remote sensing and Geoscience information system
- Marine science and technology
- Applied Geology
- Applied Geophysics
- Remote sensing and Geosciences information system
School of Environmental Technology
- Urban and Regional Planning
- Quantity Surveying
- Estate Management
- Industrial design
- Building Technology
- Quantity Surveying
- Surveying and Geoinformatics
School of Engineering and Engineering Technology
- Civil Engineering
- Electrical and Electronics Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Metallurgical Engineering and Material Engineering
- Civil Engineering
- Mining Engineering
FUTA Course Requirements
JAMB Cut Off Mark
- Meeting Up with the minimum cut-off for your desired courses
JAMB Subject Combination
Right subject combination for the subject done in JAMB UTME
- O’Level Subject Combination
- Maximum of two sittings
- Minimum of credit in five major courses related to your course of interest
If you have any questions on this, feel free to drop them in the comment section below and do well to share this using any of our share buttons – Facebook, Twitter, Whatsapp or Google+
The Federal University of Technology Akure was established in 1981 as part of the government’s effort to build universities focused on educating graduates with both practical and theoretical knowledge of technology. It is situated in Akure, Ondo State.
Other universities of technology founded around the same period were the Federal University of Technology Owerri, the Federal University of Technology, Abeokuta (FUTAB), which later transitioned to the current University of Agriculture, Abeokuta (FUNAAB), the Federal University of Technology Minna, the Federal University of Technology Yola, and the Federal University of Technology Bauchi (now Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University.