FUPRE Post UTME – Applications invited from suitably qualified candidates for FUPRE its 2020/2021 academic session Post-UTME Admission Screening Exercise.
This information is to notify the general public, especially prospective candidates of the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun, Delta State, FUPRE admission process, that sale of its Post UTME screening exercise form for the 2020/2021 academic session is ongoing. See who can apply for this form and how to apply in the content below;
IMPORTANT: Registration for Screening will commence on Wednesday 12th August, 2020 and ends on Wednesday 2nd September, 2020.
However, before I continue, I will like to let you know some facts about which I know very well that some of you here are ignorant.
Imagine that someone asks you now, “WHAT IS POST UTME”? I bet you that you will stand dumbfounded as a johnny just come.
So, I will like to tell you that Post UTME is short for Post Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination. In other words, it is post JAMB or the exam written by JAMB candidates just after the UTME before admission.
This process is the main recognized admission screening exams that higher institutions in Nigeria conduct for students who apply for higher education admission in Nigeria.
However, each university organizes and conducts her Post UTME. Still, for a candidate to take part in this exam, the candidate must have applied to the university, wrote JAMB exam with a score equal to or above the general JAMB and university cut-off mark.
As an aspiring candidate of a particular institution in Nigeria, if you fail to write Post UTME, you will be denied admission irrespective of how high you scored in the JAMB exam.
ALSO CHECK: Check JAMB Result Now | Online and Via SMS
Who is Eligible for FUPRE Post UTME
- Candidates who made the Federal University of Petroleum Resources, Effurun their Choice in the 2020 Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME), and had a total score of 180 and above are eligible to take part in FUPRE Post UTME Screening Exercise.
- All programmes in the College of Engineering – 200 and above
- All programmes in the College of Science – 180 and above
- Candidates who have five (5) O’ Level credits at one or two sittings (including English Language and Mathematics) or, are awaiting results which shall be released before the completion of the admission exercise are eligible to apply.
- Candidates awaiting results which would be released before the completion of the admission exercise can also register.
NB: Candidates who do not have the required minimum UTME cut-off mark for the course of their choice (i.e. minimum of 200 for Engineering courses and minimum of 180 for Science courses) are advised to visit the JAMB website to request a “Change of Course” to any other course that accepts a lower UTME score. PLEASE NOTE: The “Change of Course” MUST be done before registration for the Post UTME. To be eligible for admission, affected candidates are to register for and write their Post UTME under the new course. While applying for a “Change of Course”, candidates should ensure that they possess the necessary UTME and WAEC subject combination required to fit into the new programme. Candidate may visit the University website to view the admission requirements.
FUPRE Post UTME Form Application Process
1) Candidates are to pay a non-refundable fee of Two Thousand Naira (N2,000) only as Screening fee.
2) Applicants should visit https://utme.fupre.edu.ng/panel/ to do their registration.
- Ensure that the online form is carefully filled, following ALL necessary instructions. Deliberate disregard of instructions, purported mistake(s)/wrong entries shall lead to disqualification.
- Ensure that they use a PASSWORD that they can remember easily to enable them access their result and confirm their admission status subsequently.
- Use functional e-mail addresses and mobile phone numbers to enable the University contact them in the course of the Admission Exercise, whenever the need arises.
- Preview your completed online form and confirm that all information provided is correct. Thereafter, click the ‘SUBMIT’ button and print out their registration confirmation page.
- Note that you will not be able to edit the information provided once they have submitted.
|Chemical Engineering, Electrical/Electronic Engineering, Marine Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Petroleum Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Geology, Geophysics and Physics||Mathematics, English, Physics and Chemistry|
|Chemistry and Industrial Chemistry||English, Physics, Chemistry, and Biology,|
|Environmental Management and Toxicology||English, Chemistry, Biology, and Mathematics or Physics|