First Bank WhatsApp Banking…
Here is a Latest guideline on how to use the first bank WhatsApp banking option for all your desired transactions.
As a patriotic customer of the First Bank of Nigeria, you can now perform all your financial transactions using the newly invented First Bank Whatsapp Banking Method.
This invention helps to save you the stress of going to the bank every time you want to do a particular transaction.
Also, this option has proven to be secure, reliable, and convenient as customers can generate WhatsApp banking PIN and all transaction authentications carried out using a safe link, which ensures the security of one’s banking details.
NOTE: With this banking option, you can easily transact from your personal Naira accounts. However, Domiciliary, corporate, and joints accounts are not available on WhatsApp Chat Banking.
Features of the WhatsApp Banking
Using this banking option as the first bank of Nigeria customer, you will be able to;
- Check your balance
- Send Money (Self & Others)
- Pay Bills
- Buy Airtime & Data
- Generate your Mini-Statement
RELATED: Activate Access Bank WhatsApp Banking
How to Activate First Bank WhatsApp Banking
To successfully activate the First bank green app banking, you need to have a workable Whatsapp installed on your phone.
Also, you have to make sure that your Whatsapp number is the number you use in registering with the bank.
After the above-stated criteria being met, kindly follow the guidelines below to activate your WhatsApp banking with the First bank.
- Add FirstBank official Whatsapp number to your contact list 08124444000. You can save the number as First Bank Whatsapp Banking
- Send a Whatsapp msg with the content “Hi” to the number.
- An attendant will respond to you
- Opt-in by accepting the Terms and Conditions
- Provide your account number
- Validate using your debit card
- Setup your WhatsApp PIN and then try your first transaction
You can easily change your WhatsApp Banking Pin by select the ‘Settings’ option then select ‘Change PIN’. However, you’ll be asked to provide your old PIN to change to a new PIN.
Have you forgotten your old pin? Then use the ‘Reset PIN’ option: Reset your PIN by selecting the ‘Settings’ option then select ‘Reset PIN’ You’ll need your debit card linked to your account to reset your PIN.
What are the Charges for Each Transaction Done
Just like using USSD method, First bank will charge you for some transactions made using the WhatsApp banking option and the charges are;
- Checking of Balance – N10.00 (Delivered via SMS)
- Send Money (Others) – N52.50 (VAT Inclusive)
- Pay Bills – N52.50 – N105.00 (VAT Inclusive)
Frequently Asked Question
Though we’ve handled some questions in the above-written paragraph, there are two more Question we have to answer your no, and the questions are;
How secure is WhatsApp for?
ANSWER: WhatsApp Chat Banking is secure and encrypted. Your transactions are done over a safe link, so your privacy is guaranteed. During onboarding, you’ll need to set up a WhatsApp Chat Banking PIN to confirm your transactions securely.
Why can’t I onboard on WhatsApp Chat Banking?
According to the bank website, here are a few reasons why you may be unable to onboard to WhatsApp Chat Banking:
- You provided an account that is not permitted on WhatsApp Chat Banking.
- The card linked to your account has expired.
- The WhatsApp profile (phone number) you’re using is not the same number on which you receive SMS notifications.
- You do not need an active internet connection.
Thank you for reading through.
As of the time this publication was made, I believe that there are some people out there who are looking for this piece of information. So you can help them find it by sharing with them on Facebook, Twitter, or WhatsApp with just a click on any of your preferred share buttons below.
Kindly bookmark our site for your daily updates