E4D Continuing Education Scholarship 2022 – The Engineering for Development (E4D) Continuing Education Scholarship Programme awards scholarships for travel and living expenses to candidates from low-income countries to attend continuing education programmes at ETH Zurich.
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Programme
The program’s goal is to improve the knowledge and skills of future leaders in order for them to contribute to capacity development and poverty reduction in their home countries.
The Sawiris Foundation for Social Development and the Swiss Agency for Development and Cooperation generously fund the E4D Programme.
The current phase of the program runs from 2019 to 2023.
Applications are currently being accepted until April 30th, 2022.
E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Programme Eligibility
- The candidate must hold a completed and recognised Master’s degree from a university and proof professional working experience of at least two years.
- A minimal English standard of TOEFL level – C1. If the continuing education programme requires a minimal level in another language, proof of this level should also be submitted.
- The scholarship is open to candidates from countries classified in the DAC-list of the OECD.
- Candidates need to be accepted by the School for Continuing Education, ETH Zurich, and the MAS, DAS or CAS programme office.
Application Documents for the E4D Scholarship Programme
- The candidate’s curriculum vitae
- MSc or Masters Degree, as well as an academic transcript (s)
- 1-2 page application letter outlining the candidate’s motivation for attending the program as well as the impact on the candidate’s career development and beyond.
- Two professional recommendations
- Formal admission letter from the School of Continuing Education confirming that the candidate has been admitted to the MAS, DAS, or CAS program for the semester.
- Employment certification. The certificate of employment must be sent directly to the E4D programme office ([email protected]) by the employer (and not the candidate).
- English level certificate (minimum TOEFL level C1) or other internationally recognized English certificates If the program requires a minimum level of proficiency in another language, proof of this proficiency must also be submitted.
- Applications must be submitted via the online portal. E-mail submissions will not be accepted.
Benefits of the E4D Continuing Education Scholarship Programme
The following expenses will be covered by the scholarship (for the successful candidate):
- Economy roundtrip ticket (max. 2,000 CHF)
- Visa fees
- Living allowance for the duration of the programme
- ETH general tuition fee waiver (660 CHF per semester)
The scholarship will NOT cover the following expenses:
- The E4D Continuing Education Scholarship does not cover the programme fees of the MAS/CAS/DAS.
- The general application fee of the School for Continuing Education of 150 CHF will not be covered.
- However, in case an application to the E4D continuing education scholarship is valid but not selected, the fee can be paid back to candidates from low-income countries.
How to Apply
Only candidates admitted to an ETH MAS, DAS or CAS programme based on her academic and professional qualifications are considered for a scholarship. Candidates must apply to both the continuing education programme and to the E4D scholarship.
Apply online by clicking HERE.
An application must be submitted in one single pdf file to the E4D Programme office: [email protected].
Do well to check the OECD DAC List 2022 (PDF, 204 KB) to check whether your country is eligible.
Please, access the list here.