CVS is an American retail and health care pharmacy, headquartered in Woonsocket, Rhode Island. It was founded in 1963 at Lowell, Massachusetts originally as Consumer Value Store, before being acquired to become a subsidiary of CVS Health.
CVS markets and sells prescription drugs and a wide assortment of general merchandise, which include: beauty products and cosmetics, film and photo finishing services, seasonal merchandise, greeting cards, and convenience foods through their CVS Pharmacy and Longs Drugs retail stores and online through their website: http://www.cvs.com/. CVS makes convenience a central factor with an online shopping service that eliminates the need to go to a store at all.
The website lets its users to create or edit account information, order medicine online, pay for the medicine or product through various method and post reviews.
If you possess a CVS online customer account and you have the intention of deleting or closing it, you can do so effortlessly.
How to Delete your CVS Account
- Go to their website, http://www.cvs.com/
- Click the Sign in link at the top-right corner.
- Provide your account information and click the “Sign In” button.
- Click on “My Account” link at the top, right-hand side of the screen to load the user settings page
- At the bottom of the page and click “Change or Delete Account” button.
- Click on the “Delete Account Permanently” link located at the bottom of the screen. This will require you to insert your account information again for identity verification.
- Click “OK” when done, and your account will be deleted.
Of late, there has been lots of complains of users inability to delete their accounts. Presently as of this writing, their website (http://www.cvs.com/) is having issues coming up. If you are in this situation, simply do the following:
- Just call to this number 800-SHOP-CVS.
- Tell the customer service executive to delete your account.
- Make sure when you call on this number you will be in united states.