When it comes to internet banking, GTbank Nigeria tops the list with their state of the art innovations. It was designed with the latest banking technology, which gives you unlimited access to your account, and also allows you perform over 90% of your online activities from the comfort of your home.
This article will guild you on how to use the GTbank online money transfer, as well as how to perform other transactions, using GTbank online service. So, lets get to work.
Use the links below to browse around.
- Features Of GTB Internet Banking
- How To Open A GTBank Account With USSD Code *737#
- GTBank Money Transfer-A Step By Step Guild
- How To Transfer Money From GTBank To GTBank Accounts
- How To Transfer Money from GTBank To Other Bank’s :
- How To Use GTBank Online Money Transfer
- How To Buy Airtime From Your GTBank Account Using USSD *737#
- How To Check Your GTBanks Account Balance
Features Of GTB Internet Banking
The following are the main features of GT-bank internet banking. The include but not limited to:
- 3rd party transfers from a current/savings account to any GTB account or other banks
- Check balances, monitor transactions and print out account statements
- Pay utility bills, transfer funds between own accounts
- Request, confirm and stop cheques
- Pay US visa fees
- Booking flight tickets on the following airlines- British Airways/Liberia, Alitalia Airlines, Lufthansa German Airlines, Delta Airlines, Aviareps-Afriqiyah Airways
- Transfer of foreign currencies (dollars, Pounds, Euro) from a domiciliary account to anyone in the world
- Change password and update personal details
How To Open A GTBank Account With USSD Code *737#
We all know how difficult it is these days to go to the banking hall and queue up for hours, waiting for those indolent customer care representatives to attend to our needs, especially, when we want to open a new account. However, with new innovations, you can easy open a new Gt-bank account from the comfort of your home with this simple procedure below:
To open an account with Gt-bank without going to the bank to queue up, simply dial *737*0#. Once done, simply follow the on screen instruction by providing your personal information, and boom! your account is live with Gt-bank. Later, at your convenient time, you can go to any of their branch to request for your ATM card and finalize your bank account registration.
GTBank Money Transfer-A Step By Step Guild
You can actually transfer money from your GTBank Account to others banks in two ways without going to the bank physically. These two ways are : Using the USSD code of *737# or Using GTbank Internet Banking. These two approaches will be explained presently.
How To Transfer Money From GTBank To GTBank Accounts
If you want to transfer some money from your Gt bank account to another Gt bank account without going to the bank, simply follow the simple process below:
- Dial *737*1*Amount*NUBAN Account No# e.g. *737*1*1000*1234567890# from the phone number you get your GTB alerts. Note that NUBAN means Nigeria Uniform Bank Account Number. This is a 10-digit Bank Account numbering system, used for all personal bank accounts in Nigeria i.e your account number
- After the above step,enter the last four digits of your GTBank Naira MasterCard in the next screen.
- Wait for confirmation. it’s that simple.
How To Transfer Money from GTBank To Other Bank’s :
Do you want to transfer money from your Gt-bank account to other Nigerian Banks, without going to the bank? if so, then simply follow the steps below:
- Simply dial *737*2*Amount*NUBAN Account No# from the mobile number registered with the Bank.
- After which you chose the recipient’s bank from the list (First Bank, Access, Diamond, UBA, etc)
- Then input the last four digits of your GTBank Naira MasterCard in the next screen.
- Input your 4 digit security pin in the screen that pops up next
- If the transaction was successful, you will receive a confirmation message. if not, you will also receive a message of rejection.
You will receive a debit alert once the transfer is successful. You see, its as easy as this.
How To Use GTBank Online Money Transfer
Outlined are practical steps enabling an account holder transfer money/fund in real-time using the GTBank online transfer.
- For starters, you must definitely own a GTBank account. Of course, you cannot initiate a transfer without one.
- Secondly, you should have your login details (User Id & password). On account opening, the system automatically profiles your account to receive login details that will be used to access your account and start your transaction. Log on to https://ibank.gtbank.com/ibank3/login.aspx. The loaded page would display where you’d enter your login details, as seen below:
- Type in your username and use the on-screen keypad to enter your password. (GT-Bank introduced this feature to give more security. This is because on-screen keyboard prevents key logger (a malware installed in your computer by hackers to capture key presses and send to their site). In summary, on-screen keyboard helps to prevent password cloning. Then click login.
- On the open page, click on Account Transfer tab on the left corner of the page to start a transaction. Refer below:
- Depending on the type of transaction you want to conduct, select transfer to other banks (Instant), if you are transferring to a 3rd party, and if you want the receiver to get the money immediately.
Note that: if you are using the platform for the first time, you are required to activate it with your token. A Token is a security device that generates security code used as second factor authentications for transactions. It is usually issued by a bank.
- Fill out the transaction form. Add your beneficiary. Fill in the bank details of your beneficiary. The page will confirm if you want to initiate transfer, click Yes to continue or No to cancel.
- Thereafter, a confirmation page would display. This is where you will enter the code generated by your token device. A token device is a hardware security device used to generate transaction codes for 3rd party transfers and other e-channels. The codes are used to authenticate and authorize each transactions. The device token is sold at any GT-Bank branch at N2,100 (exclusive of VAT). CLICK SEND
- And just like that, with the next few minutes, the payee receives alert for a transaction you probably did while on the move. It’s that simple. The opposite is obtainable if the NEFT transfer option was selected, where transfers are effected same day if sent before 12 pm, and next day if effected after 12pm.
How To Buy Airtime From Your GTBank Account Using USSD *737#
With GTbanks innovation in the banking industry, you don’t need to worry about where to buy airtime ever again, as you can easily recharge your phone on the go directly from your Gt-bank account. To do this, simply dial *737*Amount# example, if you want to recharge your phone number with N200, simply dial *737*200# and your account will immediately be credited with the said amount. Note that you can only do this with the phone number you registered with Gt-Bank.
You can also recharge the accounts of your family and loved ones. To do this, simply dial, *737*Amount*The Recipient Number# example, if you want to send N200 airtime to 080000000023, simply dial *737*200*080000000023# and the person will instantly be credited with the said amount of airtime. Note that you will need to provide the last 4 digit of your ATM card, for this transaction to be completed.
How To Check Your GTBanks Account Balance
You can quickly check your account balance without going to the bank physically. Gone are the days you will need to go the bank to fill a form before you can check your bank account balance. To do this, simply dial the following USSD code: *737*6*1# . shortly after dialing this code, GTbank will send you an SMS containing your account balance. Note that you must perform this operation with the phone number you registered with Gt-bank, as that’s the only way the bank can track your account information.
Except during scheduled maintenance, the GTB internet services can be accessed 24/7, 365 days/year from anywhere in the world. Daily maximum transfer limit is set at N6,500,000 (Six million, five hundred thousand) Naira per customer. Though transfer within GTBank accounts is privileged to set the required limit per beneficiary.
Despite associated risks, Internet Banking has come to stay in Nigeria without a doubt. Gt-Bank being among top-notch banks with an online system that ACTUALLY works makes banking easy. Open a Gt-Bank account today and enjoy a seamless service at your convenience.
If you have any question, please don well to use the comment section down below to let us know.