The Federal Government had released a new guideline for the admission to tertiary institution in Nigeria.
This new development is in accordance to make admission process easy and to cater for the increasing amount of people seeking admission in the country. In the new guideline, the Federal government took into account:
- The number of people seeking admission.
- The first and second choices of the candidates.
- Government Universities, private universities, polytechnics and colleges of education
- WAEC, NECO and other examination body.
ad: Check out our Jamb 2017 News Update page
The new guidelines by the Federal Governments include:
- Institutions should present lists of candidates who qualify for screening according to the stipulated guideline provided by JAMB.
- Under no conditions should institutions demand for another screening test, written, oral or electronic from qualified candidates.
- Candidates should come with their Senior School Certificate Examination SSCE or A level equivalent when coming for the screening exercise, for verification and clearing purposes.
- WAEC, NECO, NABTEB should be accepted as matriculation requirement.
- It should be ensure that candidate should have at least 5 credit in their Senior School Certificate Examination, which must include mathematic and English language and 3 other subject relevant to their intended course of study.
- A candidate should be disqualified from the screening process if they do not meet up to number 4 on the list.
- They should be provision for those awaiting result as a list of qualified candidates awaiting result should be kept in view KIV pending the release of the result.
- The list of recommendation which is sent by JAMB to the institutions should be considered within one month of receiving the list.
- The guideline provided recommendation for institutions with shortfall of candidates to make up for this for candidates for other department in the institution list.
- The screening list is updated on JAMB website jamb.org.ng
- The institutions are to provide provide reasons and proof for rejection of candidates on the list.
- The Government directed that these guidelines should be adhered to in the admission process of all higher institutions.