How to Renew Vehicle License in Nigeria | Step By Step Guide.
Renew Vehicle License in Nigeria – Here, you will get through the step by step guidelines on how to renew the license of your vehicle to avoid FRSC embarrassment.
Why Renew Vehicle License in Nigeria? it is compulsory and it a means of registering your vehicle with the government. It is used for linking a vehicle with its owner.
The first thing to understand is that a Nigerian vehicle license for a new car expires, at least in four years. This means that if a car is older than four years, it needs to renew a vehicle license in Nigeria.
The truth is that a lot of cars plying the road have expired vehicle licenses, and the government rarely grants ‘week of grace’, so it is highly important vehicle licenses are renewed before expiration.
Read Also: Top current Affairs 2020
How to Renew Vehicle License in Nigeria
The cost to Renew Vehicle License in Nigeria is pegged at 6,000 Naira, according to FRSC Nigeria. Procedures for Vehicle license renewal can be done entirely online.
- Access the FRSC driver’s license website via HERE
- Click on the ‘Drivers Licence renewal which is a column below ‘Drivers Licence renewal option.’
- After page load, fill in your number of driver’s licenses and birth dates.
- Update your profile for the renewed driver’s license.
- Choose a nearby branch of the Federal Road Safety Corps, where you want to carry out biometric verification.
- Click submit.
- Print a copy of your renewed driver’s license application, crosscheck for any errors and safeguard your application identification number after noting it.
- Click on Pay now
- Click on proceed payment, after review. Payment can be made through your debit card – VISA, Mastercard or verve. You can also pay via bank.
- Paying is done through your e-wallet, ensure you create one, if you are yet to have.
- The payment status will indicate if the payment was successful or not.
So, carry along the confirmation slip and the expired vehicle license to a branch of the FRSC in order to complete the process of renewing Vehicle License in Nigeria. It is also mandatory to renew other documents like roadworthiness certificates etc.
Please, if you find this information helpful, kindly share it with your friends and loved ones by clicking on any of the share button – Facebook, Twitter or WhatsApp below