NUC Approved Federal Universities In Nigeria | See Full List Here.
Federal Universities In Nigeria – See the full list of all the federal universities in Nigeria as approved by the National Universities Commission now. See list below
List of Federal Universities In Nigeria
- 1. Abubakar Tafawa Balewa University, Bauch
- 2. Ahmadu Bello University, Zaria
- 3. Bayero University, Kano
- 4. Federal University Gashua
- 5. Federal University of Petroleum Resources,
- 6. Federal University of Technology, Akure
- 7. Federal University of Technology, Minna
- 8. Federal University of Technology, Owerri
- 9. Federal University, Dutse, Jigawa State
- 10. Federal University, Dutsin-Ma, Katsina
- 11. Federal University, Kashere, Gombe State
- 12. Federal University, Lafia, Nasarawa State
- 13. Federal University, Lokoja, Kogi State
- 14. Federal University, Ndufu-Alike, Ebonyi State
- 15. Federal University, Otuoke, Bayelsa
- 16. Federal University, Oye-Ekiti, Ekiti State
- 17. Federal University, Wukari, Taraba State
- 18. Federal University,Birnin Kebbi
- 19. Federal University,Gusau
- 20. Michael Okpara Uni. of Agric., Umudike
- 21. Modibbo Adama University of Technology, Yola
- 22. National Open University of Nigeria, Lagos.
- 23. Nigerian Defence Academy,Kaduna
- 24. Nnamdi Azikiwe University, Awka
- 25. Obafemi Awolowo University,Ile-Ife
- 26. The Police Academy Wudil
- 27. University of Abuja, Gwagwalada
- 28. University of Agriculture, Abeokuta
- 29. University of Agriculture, Makurdi
- 30. University of Benin
- 31. University of Calabar
- 32. University of Ibadan
- 33. University of Ilorin
- 34. University of Jos
- 35. University of Lagos
- 36. University of Maiduguri
- 37. University of Nigeria, Nsukka
- 38. University of Port-Harcourt
- 39. University of Uyo
- 40. Usmanu Danfodiyo University
Benefits of attending Federal University in Nigeria
Rigorous Admissions Process: When applying to a federal university, you will undoubtedly encounter serious competition and hard post-UTME tests. This, in turn, will encourage creativity in you as a scholar, as you will be competing for the survival of the fittest. When compared to private universities, where entrance is relatively easy, it is likely that students will grow lazy. As a result, the brightest students are admitted to federal universities.
Recognition of Certificates: It cannot be overstated that a graduate of a federal university will always have a greater shot in the job market than a graduate of a private university because it is proven that federal university students undergo stringent instruction and sweat to achieve great academic performance and results. A graduate of UI will always have a greater chance than a Babcock graduate.
Healthy Competition: As an undergraduate at an average federal university with far too many students in a department, you confront competition from your colleagues and the pressure of passing that tough professor’s course. This encourages students to study on a frequent basis, at the library, at midnight, and to participate in all lectures. In other words, it develops you as a scholar, whereas in a private university, where there are less undergrads, competition is low, and one may effortlessly succeed.
Federal universities conduct the majority of ground-breaking research, which leads to breakthroughs in a variety of fields ranging from medicine to mechatronics and computing. We’ve heard of ABU engineering students building robots, UBTH medical staff performing liver transplants, Unizik students building a small vehicle, and a slew of other stories. This can only be accomplished by high-quality research, evaluation, and dissertation writing, not simply through classroom instruction. The research could provide remedies to Nigeria’s industrial and institutional challenges.
Variety of Courses: At federal universities, you can pick from a wide range of programs in the arts and sciences. How many private universities offer Medicine and Surgery, compared to public universities? Only a few of them seem to have Architecture! and other delicate subjects such as physics, radiography, and so forth. This is unquestionably advantageous to students at federal universities.
Quality of Teachers: In federal universities, I’ve observed a number of highly trained instructors, including professors, associate professors, MSc holders, and even Emeritus professors. This means that, unlike private universities with few or no instructors, you may be assured of receiving a high-quality education. As a result, students will benefit much from their highly skilled lecturers.
Now that you’ve seen the full list of federal universities in Nigeria, What’s your next line of action? Don’t you think that someone else out there might be looking for this information? Yes, there are others looking for this.
So what’s is holding you not to share it with them now that you’ve seen it? Just click on any of our share buttons below that interest you and boom you are there on the right sharing track…
For your daily school updates, Kindly bookmark or subscribe to our site to stay updated. Thanks for always reading through our content