The program seeks to identify, inspire and empower 25 young social entrepreneurs to recognize opportunities, explore innovative approaches, mobilize resources, manage risks, and build viable social enterprises. The program will also invest a minimum total of $15000 in grant funding to top fellows during the program.
A Highlight of the YES Program
Who is Eligible for the YES Program?
Anybody who is applying for this scholarship must be a self-starter, leader, change maker who is building viable businesses and creating impact in their local communities and beyond.
See eligibility criteria here;
- The venture must be solving a clear problem in the community
- There must be a viable and tested solution already in place (not just an idea)
- The social venture should have a viable business model
- The venture should have at least some paying customers or making revenue in the past 6 months.
- There should be ambition by the founder of the venture to grow to achieve large scale impact
- The applicant can commit to attending weekly sessions (every Saturday) in Nairobi from January 17th, 2020 to June 2020
- The applicant can commit to doing weekly tasks in relation to their venture
- The applicant must be working either full time or at least 30 hrs per week in their venture
- The applicant must be below 30 years of age when applying
- The venture is legally registered in Kenya or in the process of registration